The Mount Laurel Democratic Committee consists of elected representatives (one male and one female) from each of the 27 Election Districts in the Township. Committee members serve a four-year term and are elected during the Primary Election in even-numbered non-presidential years.
Roles and Responsibilities of Committee Members:
- Provide forms and information to voters in your District concerning voter registration and voting by mail.
- Help voters so that they can make informed decisions on issues.
- Attend and participate in monthly meetings and other activities of the Mount Laurel Democratic Club.
- Attend and participate in monthly meetings and other activities of the Burlington County Committee and vote at the annual Reorganization Meeting (usually June).
- Attend and participate in monthly meetings and other activities of the Burlington County Young Democrats (open to all ages).
- Assist the officers of the Club and Committee in identifying topics and securing speakers for monthly meetings, as appropriate.
- Stay up-to-date on payment of dues to the Club.
- Help organize and participate in Mount Laurel and County fundraisers.
Election Season Activities
- Organize and distribute campaign information.
- Utilize social media to advance local candidates.
- Door-to-door canvassing to distribute election material and convince voters.
- Staff telephone banks for candidates and GOTV activities.
- Participate as a Democratic Party challenger for the District in Primary and General Elections.
- Assist voters in getting to the polls on Election Day.